What incredible writers!
What an amazing afternoon!
Thank you to all our families and special guests for celebrating the launch of 2W's very own book!
We were thrilled to read you these incredible books for the first time!
Coming home is a photo of each student reading to their special guest as a memento of the afternoon.
If you missed the beginning of the Book Launch you may have missed our explanation of how these incredible books came to be written. Below is the script read by the students explaining this task.
1. Good afternoon Mr Korocz, Mrs Pope and families. Welcome to the launch of one of the most anticipated books of the year.
2. During the last few weeks of Term 2 we studied a wordless book called “The Chicken Thief”. We learnt that an author doesn’t always need words to tell a story. We learnt how to read and understand books that only have pictures- No words at all!
3. But…. The Chicken Thief is no longer a wordless book. We each wrote our own narrative to match the story told by the pictures.
4. We wrote our stories by focusing on just 1 picture at a time, building our writing stamina and completing the book over a period of 1 week. Once we had drafted the story some of us were able to peer edit each other’s stories, giving feedback to our friends to help improve their stories, their spelling and their grammar.
5. We also got to spend some time conferencing with Miss Woodcock. Where we read our stories aloud which helped us find any errors or missed words. Our stories were then typed and printed into the masterpieces we have ready to read to you this afternoon!
6. We learnt lots of things when we wrote this book. We had a class discussion where Miss Woodcock let US think about why we did this task and what we learnt from it. Our ideas are on the board behind me.
7. We are now going to move outside and find a quiet space to read and share these books with you for the first time! Please listen to the instructions.
|2W BOOK LAUNCH- TODAY!|
|The class collection of stories along with our Chicken prop|
|2W ready and waiting for the book launch!|
|Tiago and his friend Stuey|
|Eddie and Susanna- MACC's awesome Community Engagement Officer|
|Ewan and his Dad|
|Aiden reading to his Dad|
|Molly sharing her book with her sister Maddy|
|Archer and his Mum|
|Jett's family deep in conversation|
|Isaac reading The Chicken Thief to his brother Josh|
|Ben sharing some of his other writing with Mr Korocz|
|Ace reading The Chicken Thief to his Mum and sister April|
|Harry and his Mum|
|Zoey reading with her Mum|
|The whole family enjoying The Chicken Thief|
|Katelyn sharing her story with her Dad|
|Darwyn reading to his Special Guest|
|Mikayla and Piper reading|
|Mrs Pope enjoying the Book Launch with Lacey|
|Rhea sharing her story with her Mum|
|Dwayne and his Mum|
Josh busy reading to his Grandparents